Friday 11 October 2013

College magazine and contents

COLLEGE MAGAZINE AND CONTENTS.
 
 
 
This was the College magazine that I had created. The photo I have used is a mid shot. I have used headlines and tag lines and kickers. Ive used interesting stories that students of prior would be interested in and would read.
 
What went well ? - photography went well because I have a good mid shot that shows student life pretty well with the happy expression on the models face. It shows a relaxed atmosphere also. I had enough photos to have chosen from but a limited one of mid shots, but the others where fine and this one works perfectly.

Using the soft were I found it difficult with all the tricky bits, but got used to it in the end. I found most difficulty's moving pictures and inserting coloured text. What was good about it was the fact that you could merge and blur images and overlap them. You could also do funky things with the text.

I wouldn't say that my prototype was the best but it has the typical conventions and shows a range of them. It shows a good range of stories and the photo is amusing and good. I could of made the text stand out more though and I could of used more contents for readers to look at. I like aspects of it such as colours and the photo. I would change the bottom and Merge it more and add more contents.

Other bloggers said that it is a good attempt and first draft. It didn't have to be perfect for the first draft but it was good enough to be looked at. They also liked the photo and liked the way it went with the text. The laughed at some of the text and would of liked to read the story on Judy Burton and the hot teachers.
I chose this the way I did just because I liked the idea of it. The audience research influenced it a bit and I knew what they would of liked to read about and look at. But it was generally what I wanted to do with it. I chose my own approach with what the audience would of wanted, I felt like I knew best and they would enjoy it.



CONTENTS


This is my contents page. I believe the strength of this is the wording of CONTENTS and the merging of the pictures.I love the way I have out the text under the pictures also, showing a rang of what the magazine does have to offer. The main articles also look good with the colours and the text makes it look interesting and fab. The information down the left hand side is really interesting and I think I sold it well. I also like the pictures I have chosen, i think it shows student life.

The weaknesses if this is that its all a bit flung together and allot more time could of been focused on it.
The text could of been improved and then the photos and the general aspect of it.


I created this on a similar document to photo shop. This allowed me to manipulate the photos and the text even though it was at times difficult. It was really good to get to practise with the soft where and hopefully the real MUSIC MAGAZINE will be better presented than this. I could of actually used photo shop or word or similar. The skills involved where just to be able to use photo shop and like, and be able to be creative with it.









No comments:

Post a Comment