Monday 24 February 2014

Evaluation question 6

What have you learnt about the technologies that you have used when constructing your product?

Throughout making my product I have used a range of different technologies including :




 
 
Slide share is a programme used for creating online power points and embedding them on blogs and online for people to see them. I used this when I created some power points to put onto my music magazine blog for my exam coursework. I found it difficult to embed into my blog at first but I found it easy to use to create the power point, I soon figured my way around it. It was useful to show examiners and my teacher than I can use a computer to my advantage and take advantage of the technologies and programs that they offer. This could also give me extra marks in my exam for using such things.
 
 
Blogger is a programme that is for people to create blogs on for any reason. Magazine coursework was the reason I have had to create one and on this is uploaded all of my progress. This shows that I can use some media in fun and interesting ways. This was the first time that I had ever used this and found it easy to use and liked using it that I made a blog for my mothers cake business also. You could embed posts and photos onto this and also power points and other such programs can be used and put onto it to showcase some of your skills. I enjoy using this. This is a good way to mark coursework and I like the idea of it and it shows my skills of better.
 
 
Glogster was used to create a poster on my chosen music scene which was indie music. I used arctic monkeys as I love them and it fit well with what type of magazine I wanted to do. This is a good way to show the poster as it is interactive and almost 3D like.
 
 
In design was a very tricky process and took along time to do anything on it because I wasn't accustomed to it. It did do my head in. I used the text tool and used the previews to see everything I put onto the magazine. It helped with the order of my magazine and laying it out because it gave guidelines to stick to. This was the main programme that I used and even though it was tricky I got round it in the end. I also used photo shop which again was difficult to use but I got round it in the end, It was hard to delete things such as the background and other things such as editing text and photos. I used a free outline tool in Photoshop that helped me cut out of the background of the image so that it was just of the main star.
 
 
 
I also used hardware and technologies such as computers and cameras when I did my coursework. Every lesson we used computers to input data onto our blogs and also write up anything that we needed to. We used computers to edit things and type up any information we needed. The internet was used a lot because a lot of the information was of other peoples blogs and also some of the programs where on it. The only problem with this is that in the college system some of the things are blocked so we cannot access some of the information that we want properly. However, using the computers and using them to do a lot of things are useful and better than using pen and paper. Its good that I know how to use computers efficiently also.
 
I also used a camera that was given to me from the college to use. It was good and it was easy to upload some of the photos onto the computer via a usb lead. I enjoyed using the camera and enjoyed the topic overall. I found it easy to upload the photos and also easy to edit them. However, because of the lighting wasn't correct the photos where not perfect but they did the job and they were decent enough to use.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment